December 29, 2006
The mommy said that Cheese is a Basket case. She was laughing but I don't think it is anything to make fun of. Cheese seems pretty normal (relatively) so I don't know what the mommy thinks he is so upset about. He doesn't seem particularly bothered by anything so I don't know how she thinks he is a basket case. But looking at this picture I have to say...he has some pretty impressive muzzle puffs.
December 26, 2006
Shortly after this 'job' started, the man bean's mommy came to visit. They had to put up a place for her to sleep in the man bean's study. That is where this computer is so I wasn't going to go in there and bother the grandma bean. She stayed for a week, and I had a great time with the grandmommy while she was here. I was all 'cited before she came out. Here I am checking out the quality of her bed. I am helping the beans put her room together acause you know they needed my help.
Shortly before they put the bed together the man bean came to ask my opinion of the bed. When I told him that it would do he gave me some head scritches. Shortly after the grandma bean left, the mommy was doing some work in her study and Autumn and I were helping, apparently, by keeping look-out. Mommy is an 'A-Count-Ant' and she brought home some papers from work so we had to make sure there was no corporate espionage stuff going on. At one point she looked up and this is what she saw. Heh Heh, I made the mommy jump a little. Finally, after mommy was done doing work at home, she went into her craft room to frame a wedding picture. She was using lace and tulle on the frame so Autumn and I had to inspect that too. Well, Autumn was in such a hurry that she didn't let me do a really thorough job. You can see that she is in the background trying to hurry me along. Well, as soon as I was done checking it out, Autumn was able to do her job. It passed 2 cat-scans so now mommy can use it on the frame.
November 26, 2006
Well, the mommy worried, and worried, and worried some more and finally, after 3 days of being in the Poodin hospital, Autumn was allowed to come home. The beans had the spare room set up for Autumn and since she was still taking pain medication she just slept a lot. At night the mommy wrapped Autumn up so she wouldnt bother her staples and mommy said she looked like a Jedi Master - whatever that is. During the day mommy let Autumn run around nekkid and Autumn never bothered her staples...until 2 days before she was supposed to have them removed. Then she pulled one out, it popped her incision open and mommy caught her just as she was pulling on the stitches under her skin holding her muscle together. ICK!!!!!
The Beans rushed to the car and drove really fast to the poodin hospital (it was 11 at night) and they stuck another staple in her. 2 days later all the staples came out - on schedule, and things have been okay since. Though, as a result of all of the poodin drama when Autumn finally had her Ladygardenectomy the v-e-t called mommy and asked if the mommy could take Autumn home early since she was being very 'uncooperative'. When anyone walked past the cage Autumn would charge at them and try to bite them. As soon as the mommy got there Autumn was a little angel again and has been fine since.
Now that her fur has grown back from the bad haircut days no one would ever know how sick she was. I am sure KC is going to be the same way - as soon as she gets home and the Beans shower her with love and attention she is going to get better by leaps and bounds. Just wait and see.
November 05, 2006
When she is upstairs she is working on her kwilt and that makes her happier. She has set up a new table to put the hot thing on and, I swear, these prints were already here when I hopped up to investigate. I think Autumn Savannah did it. They are too big to be hers but she is usually the one in trouble so they must be hers.
When the mommy came in and saw me on the new table she said I was cute. I was still mad at her for letting some other poodin see the table before me so I decided to shun her. I figure if I cant see her then she must not be there. That is how it works right?
October 25, 2006
Ok, here is the deal... Now that the mommy is working and is all tired and stuff when she gets home, us poodins have decided to mess with her mind a little bit.
She isnt spending nearly enough time with us and every poodin knows that we should be supervised. So to reward (punish?) her for working we are going to shred something important of hers every few days. Monday it was the bank statement, last week it was the insurance policy...I am eyeing the phone bill for tomorrow.
Since everyone knows that poodins dont have opposable thumbs (or I would be out the front door like a lightning bolt) the missing paperwork cant possibly be blamed on us. Tee Hee.
October 17, 2006
Things are getting desperate here. I have to resort to sleeping on the printer in order to stay warm. My winter fur isnt in yet and I am
c-c-cold. I kep trying to jump up and smack the box that makes the house warm but nothing happens. When the daddy changes the box the mommy goes around a few minutes later and changes it back. In the summer this happens a lot a'cause the mommy likes it cold and the daddy doesnt like icicles on his lip fur.
still trying to grow the winter fur
...uuurrhhh...uuurrrhhh... nothing yet...I will keep you posted on my progress.
October 16, 2006
The winter fur is important as a back up. It is something that seems like overkill until you really need it. Mommy has a habit of letting us run out of the house when it is super cold and there is snow on the ground. You would think we would be wary since she never lets us run out of the house any other time, but noooooooo...we fall for it every time. We get outside and run into the snow and stop dead in our tracks (not really dead). It is at this time that the extra fur comes in handy. And if for some reason the beans dont heat the house enough then it works well for smothering them. I have been practicing smothering the mommy. I wait until she is asleep and then I lay on her face. I think the reason it hasnt worked so far is a'cause I dont have winter fur yet. I am trying really hard to grow it but it doesnt seem to work on demand. I dont understand that since I can shed on demand. I mean, at the stabby place, I can shoot fur about a foot off my body. Heh Heh.
October 04, 2006
Just so we are clear on this...
September 30, 2006
At first she thought Cheese did it cause he was resting like he just did hard work (like trying to clean his back leg or something). In fact, Cheese was resting so hard that Autumn thought he was dead and tried to do Mouth to Mouth on him (I think she was gonna eat him but mommy was watching). But later, she was going back into the bedroom to clean up the mess and Autumn was following her around. As soon as Autumn saw the filter boxes again she went and attacked them. Mommy laughed so hard she had to sit down. I dont know why that is funny, when I kill something I get into trouble. Wait...I never really kill anything. I am still trying to figure out how they get the vishus deer in the can.
September 27, 2006
Well, I dont know what has been going on. The mommy leaves the house at 7:30 and doesnt come home until 6 at night. I have been waiting patiently but I have no clue what is happening. Mommy says she has a job now and that is where she goes every day.
The good thing is that we get fed at 7 in the morning instead of 10 so I am pretty happy about that. Mommy says she is a Bean Counter at a company and it is the END OF THE FISCAL YEAR so things are crazy at work. Well we had company last week and I liked them but not enough to go see them every day for all day. I wonder how long this is going to last. I may have to put my paw down...
September 17, 2006
We thought mommy went hunting and was going to bring all the prey into the house. Needless to say, we got 27 kinds of excited and ran into the room. When we got there we only found these pieces on the floor. We sniffed and sniffed but didnt find any victims. We thought that maybe they were hiding under the stuff on the floor so we laid on the pieces to wait them out. One by one, the mommy would take a piece away but we didnt find anything worth eating. Finally all the pieces were gone AND THERE WERE NO KILL-T PIECES!!!
I dont think Mommy's hunting skills are all that great cause her victim got away. Maybe I will show her how to catch and eat a bird...wait...she would have to teach me. I assume she knows how a'cause the beans have dead bird all the time and I only get what they give me. All this hunting for kill-t pieces and the crushing disappointment has worn me out. I am going to see if I can find where I left my nap. I know it is laying around here somewhere...
September 13, 2006
Good thing I took that nap...cause now I have to help the mommy with the quilt pieces. It is really hard work inspecting each piece.
Cheese decided to help too. He did some inspecting, but not as much as I did.
And he didn't pace himself so he got tired real fast. After a little while he had to go rest.
September 10, 2006
September 09, 2006
Well, it is about time the mommy realized that I was deserving of more appropriate accomodations. This box is not only the right size for my petite frame, but look...it even has flowers on it. That is more like it. How can I be a dainty little princess if I have to live in a big freakin box!!
Now read quietly so I can get some shut eye. I have only had 76 naps today and I am getting behind...No, Cheese, I said I am getting behind, not getting A big behind...Sheesh, brothers...
September 04, 2006
- I am a dilute Tortie. That means I have a dilution gene that washes out my colors and I am all greys and beiges. In fact, the mommy thought I was all grey when she picked me out. After a few months my colors came in and everyone was surprised.
- I dont meow - I meep. Mommy calls me Meepers
- I am trying to train my mommy. I go to another floor in the house and call and call and call. When mommy comes and finds me I am sitting there with a mouse to play with.
- I give kisses in the middle of the night. I wait until everyone in settled in and then I find the mommy and kiss her chin and knead her neck. She has to keep my nails cut all of the time.
- I cannot eat any beef. If there is beef in any of my food I barf a lot and often. It took almost a year for the beans to figure that one out. Now I have prescription food that is Venison and Green Pea. Skeezix would be proud that I get to eat Vishus Deer.
- No one thought I would live. I was only 8 oz at 6 weeks and was malnourished and parasite ridden. The mommy took me cause she wanted me to have a comfortable ending. Now I am 3 years old and weigh 18 pounds. I showed them
- I can do lotsa tricks. I can Sit, Stand Up, Give High Five, Lay Down, Roll Over, Through the Hoop, and the best one I do is Play Dead. It is true. The vet seed it.
- I am a big boy, but I have a teeny tiny little meow. And I didnt start talking until I was almost a year old.
- Mommy says I am a Trick Savant. She says I am pretty dopey and silly and she sometimes wonders how smart I am. But I can pick up a trick in just a couple of repetitions.
- My butt is shaved. I get infected anal glands...nuff said.
- When I meow I take my time and make it last a looooooong time.
- when I meow, it sounds like I am gargling.
- I only lick the juice off of the stinky goodness. I prefer crunchies
- I am a grey tuxedo kitty (maybe I have the dilution gene too).
- one of my fangs has a long brown stripe going down it. The vet says it is just the way it grew in.
- I had half of a lung removed last February. I got very sick and almost died. The mommy rescued me and I had to go to the kitty hospital cause I needed the oxygen cage to help me breathe.
- Cause I was so sick the fine bones in my nose fused together and now you can hear me breathing from across the room. When I play I breathe through my mouth. It does not slow me down a bit though.
- I got my name cause the last people who had me named me Ralph cause they said I had all the colors of Barf. Mommy said that after a name like that I deserved a real Girly-Girl name. But she mostly calles me Princess StinkyBreath.
- When the beans first got me I was completely house trianed. I would tell the beans when I needed to go out. Mommy would carry me out, I would do my business and then sit next to mommy until she picked me up and brought me back in. Mommy said it was the most charming thing she had ever seen.
- Even though I am only 5 pounds I am not afraid of anything. I dont mind the loud carpet sucker and when Mommy uses the electric razor on her legs I put my paw on it to help.
OK, Now that all the poodins have spoken, I tag Calico Girls, Ayla The Grump, 2 Carolina Cats, Nemo, and Shaggy, Scooby, and Scout.
September 01, 2006
Mommy says now that she is finished with school for a while and she doesnt have a job yet she has to figure out what to do with her time. She decided to make a quilt.
Mommy fell in love with a design called Newport Beach. She loves the way the blocks seem to hover over the fabric. She left the house for a while last Sunday and when she came back she had all this fabric and a really big bag for us to play in. We decided to help her with the quilt instead of playing in the bag. I didnt know there was so many steps to making the quilt.
First we had to help her cut the fabric into pieces.
Then, when it came time to put them together we had to inspect the sewing machine. I had Bumpers help us out on this part a'cause he is a guy kitty and he knows about machines.
Poor Cheese tried to inspect the iron but it was already in use and was too hot for him. He sniffed it a bit, squinted his eyes, and left. I guess that means it is ok.
Then, when Mommy was sewing the pieces together, Autumn and I slept so we would be ready for the next part. I think that part involves some words that we arent allowed to say. At first mommy said them a lot but now I think she has the hang of the pieces and she just zips right along.
Tee Hee. Autumn still sleeps with her tongue sticking out!!
August 21, 2006
Let me first say: she isnt the first kitty to ever do this. It is well documented that cats and bags rely on each other.
Secondly, I dont think she is the bees knees (whatever that is). I mean, she sleeps on my bed, bogarts my scritches, and is as bad as Cheese when it comes to treats.
Add that to the fact that she wants to play with me ALL THE TIME and you have a recipe for disaster. I dont mind chasing her sometimes, and I dont mind a quick rassel some times either. But if I am sitting in my box, I dont want to be bothered. I am relaxing - I dont wanna play!!
August 16, 2006
I think I see why he is never on this site...he isnt the most exciting poodin on the block.
I think I am seeing a pattern here...
I keep telling him that he doesnt have to act up all of the time to get on here, but he does have to...you know...move every so often.