Please don't feel like you have to apologize for Isis. I wasn't offended at all. In fact, I kinda liked knowing there was another dilute tortie in the blogosphere. I was starting to think I was the only one with pink fur (mommy calls the color 'Fawn'). I welcome Isis' input.
Also, just because she is a little...Different...From the majority of poodins doesn't mean she is psycho. I mean, what kitty doesn't have little quirks? It is precisely these quirks that make us poodins. If we were all the same we would be...dogs. In fact, I have some things in common with Isis which I have included in my list of quirks:
- Who hasn't bitten her own foot while playing with another kitty?
- And I have chosen only one bean as mine (the mommy). Don't get me wrong, the other bean is good too, and when I hear him open a can of Stinky Goodness I can believe that I love him.
- There have been times when I see Mommy's hand come down to pet me and I squash myself almost flat on the floor to get away from it.
- I save most of my kisses for the middle of the night when I know they will be most appreciated.
- Who hasn't been spooked by another kitty entering the room unexpectedly?
- I too hate a bathtub full of water
- I run and hide when I see small sticky beans
- I barf all over the place when I eat beef in anything (dry and wet food)
- I wag my tail like a woofie
- My favorite toy is a duck
Just because Isis is paranoid doesn't mean no one is after her.
Mommy says that loving a Tortie is like having a Hersheys chocolate bar with almonds...It is half sweet, half nuts. But, if you notice, a Hersheys bar with almonds is a top seller. There must be something about those nuts.
If Isis is as...unique...as you say however, I commend you for your patience and tolerance in the face of such personal hardship. It takes great character to be kind to those less fortunate than us perfect poodins. And...did it occur to you that perhaps she is smarter than you give her credit for and she is just getting back at you for stealing her toy?